Spiral Art Competition Entry Conditions
SPIRAL ART ENTRY CONDITIONS:
1. Spiral Inc is the co-ordinator and organising body for the Art Section.
2. Entry Forms, Payment and All Art MUST be received by Friday 8th June 2018.
3. All Exhibits to be delivered to the Main Pavilion on the Showgrounds on Monday 11th June between 9.00am and 12 noon.
4. All Freighted entries are to be addressed as follows: Jasmine Bethell, Sunshine Coast Show Spiral’s Art Show,
Nambour Showgrounds, Coronation Avenue, Nambour Qld 4560: HOLD AT SHOW OFFICE FOR COLLECTION.
5. Freighted works must arrive no later than Tuesday 5th June 2018.
All expenses in conjunction with forwarding, packing, repacking, returning and insurance of entries shall be borne by the competitor.
6. The Organisers accept no responsibility for loss or damage. It is recommended that all artists undertake their own insurance.
7. All decisions regarding the Arts Festival will be the ultimate responsibility of the Organizers and no further discussion will be entered into.
8. All paintings must be the original work of the exhibitor and not previously won an award.
9. All works must be suitable for general public exhibition.
10. Paintings must be suitably framed and ready to hang with cord or wire on ‘D’ hooks and must not exceed 1 metre in width or height, including frame, or 1.5 metres for Class 1
No fishing line to be used.
11. All entries will need to be transported up a flight of stairs by the exhibitor.
12. Class Tickets will be provided to each exhibitor upon delivery of their exhibits to the show.
Class Tickets MUST be fixed to the front right hand corner of each painting.
13. Title: Medium: Class: Price: Name and Phone Number of Artist are to be clearly printed on the back/underneath each piece of work (or will not be accepted).
14. Works can be for sale, but not a requirement. Prices must be in whole dollars and include GST and a 25% Commission, which will be donated to Spiral to assist in the Transport Program to ensure our people can access the Sunshine Coast. Payment for works sold or acquired will be bank transferred approximately four (4) weeks after the close of the Show.
15. All entries will be judged and the decision of the judge/s shall be final and binding. If works are considered to be of insufficient standard, first prize may not be awarded.
16. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will works be accepted for Judging after Monday 11th June, 2018.
17. Works must be collected between 9.00am to 12 noon on Monday 18th June 2017. The Class Ticket Stub MUST be presented as ID. Uncollected works will become the property of Spiral Inc and will be disposed of at their discretion after one (1) month.
18. Prize and Awards will be presented at the Opening Night on Thursday 14th June 2018 in the Main Pavilion 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start. All are welcome.
19. All reasonable care will be taken of exhibits but the Society/Co-ordinators will accept no liability for loss or damage.
20. Exhibitors’ submission of entry implies acceptance of all conditions as listed. The Society/Co-ordinators reserve the right to reproduce any pictures of work in the press or on TV. The signed entry form is evidence of the Artist’s consent.
21. To ensure local artists get a chance to exhibit, a maximum of 3 class can be entered into.
PRIZE MONEY: Prize Money will be bank transferred by the Spiral Inc Accounts Officer after the event. All prize money unclaimed by 31st July 2018 will be forfeited to Spiral as a donation. Artists who sell their art piece/s will need to provide Spiral with bank account details before a transfer can be conducted.
DISCLAIMER: The Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society (SCASS) shall not be responsible for any accident that may be caused to or by an exhibitor, members of the general public or competitor and will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for any losses or non-delivery of livestock or entries of any kind, or any injury or damage done thereby. Persons contravening any of SCASS’s rules/regulations shall forfeit any prize awarded. SCASS reserves the right to refuse or cancel, or require any entry to be removed at any time. Exhibitors shall accept the decision of the Stewards/Judges appointed by SCASS as final. The decisions of the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Committee are final.