Spiral Art Competition General Conditions
The Show is conducted under the Rules and Regulations of the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society Incorporated and the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies. Please read carefully
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
The Society takes all reasonable care in these matters. Please refer to the following “Notice to Ground Users”, and the Safety Regulations listed therein. The Society engages the services of Security Personnel to assist with the provision of care of all exhibits, livestock and property, but no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to or by such exhibits, livestock and / or property.
Every person that is involved in an activity during the Show is required by our insurer to sign a waiver. This includes riders, volunteers, trade exhibitors, entertainers etc.
“Lost” persons, or those seeking “lost” persons are asked to wait on the roadside outside the Police Room. Public Address announcements will be made as deemed necessary.
The lodgement of early entry forms for all Sections of the Show (except the Ring events where entries can be “on the day”) will greatly assist Stewards and Office staff in the smooth running of the Show.
Please note that dates quoted in this Schedule, e.g. 20th May, 30th June, refer to the year of this Show. As per dates on the front page of this Schedule.
NOTICE TO GROUND USERS: The duration of the 2018 Show includes set up time pre-Show and pack-up post -Show. (The period 8th June to 20th June 2018 inclusive)
This is a Safety Conscious Show and it is your Show. Please help to keep it safe and accident free. Normal rules and regulations of the Workplace Health and Safety Act, Sunshine Coast Council and the Show Society apply.
The Society requests the total co-operation of all Exhibitors, Competitors and Patrons in the following matters as these are requirements of our insurers and / or the Showground Management for the duration of the 2018 Sunshine Coast Show.
- Your co-operation is sought in reporting to the Show Safety Officer or Show Manager any situation you may consider a potential hazard or danger.
- The Show Safety Officer, or Nominee, has the power to instruct any Ground User to comply with the Society’s requirements at all times.
- All heavy vehicles and floats must be parked in designated areas as directed by parking stewards. Owners / drivers are reminded that offenders of this requirement and those who indulge in excessive speed could be responsible for serious consequences in the event of an emergency.
- Whilst all reasonable care is taken, the Society cannot accept any responsibility for any losses of, or damage or injury to or by, any livestock, exhibits, equipment, vehicles or any other property.
- Trade exhibitors are asked to note that set-up is not to commence before Thursday, 14th June and all exhibits and related display equipment, trailers, buildings, etc. must be removed from the grounds by Tuesday, 19th June at the latest.
- The Trade Chief Steward will oversee Trade Exhibitors who are also asked to take all reasonable care in the case of working machinery, hydraulics, cables, chemicals, pumps, hoses, pools, power tools, saws, ramps, etc. All electrical leads and appliances must meet Workplace Health and Safety standards, in particular the requirement for all leads to be buried 75mm underground or be at least 2 metres aboveground. All electrical equipment that comes onto the grounds must have a current test and tag label attached or the equipment cannot be used. These requirements will be monitored by the District Workplace Health and Safety inspector.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Showgrounds at any time unless it is a Guide or Companion Dog. Any dog found will be impounded as per Council regulations.
- Government regulations re Smoking no-smoking in commercial outdoor eating or drinking areas no-smoking in outdoor public places such as patrolled beaches, children’s playground equipment, major sport stadiums and within 4 metres of non-residential building entrances no sales of tobacco products to children under 18 years of age mandatory no-smoking and quit smoking signs no tobacco advertising or competitions To comply with these regulations there will be no smoking on the grounds other than in signed designated areas set aside specifically for smoking.